It’s hard to believe but rubber stamping with clear acrylic stamps can create fabulous sweets for a special someone.
STAMPING ON CHOCOLATE
Give a romantic treat to your Valentine this Valentines Day with extra special chocolates. You will need some cooking oil, store bought chocolates, little paper liners for individual chocolates to sit in and small clear acrylic stamps. Experiment with different chocolate brands. It may be easiest to begin on solid chocolates.
1. Place vegetable oil on a paper towel and allow it to absorb. Take your choice of new acrylic stamps and dab it in the oil. It is important that you use new stamps for this as the finished product will be consumed and you don’t want any ink coming off the stamps onto the chocolate.
3. Place the oiled stamp (without a stamping block) into the melted chocolate. Refrigerate the chocolate with the stamp in still in the chocolate. Complete your set of chocolates using different stamp images.
4. Once the chocolate has solidified, bring it out of the fridge and gently peel the clear acrylic stamp from the surface of the chocolate.
5. Package your personalized, unique chocolates in a box. Add a little colored tissue paper if you like. Be sure to clean your stamps with soapy water as you don’t want any traces of chocolate or oil left especially if you plan on converting your clear stamps over for use on paper crafts.
That is it! It is easy and it is yummy! Rubber stamping with clear stamps on food is a completely unique way to say Happy Valentines Day!
OTHER YUMMY STAMPED TREAT IDEAS
- Stamp a favorite image in a plain sugar cookie before baking.
- Stamp a flower into fondant, cut it out and decorate cakes or other goodies with it.
- Write a special message in a chocolate bar with this technique for an unexpected surprise.
Use your imagination in the kitchen, stamp on anything that will hold an image. Remember, if it doesn’t work – you might have to eat it! No matter how unbelievable, enjoy stamping fabulous sweet treats this Valentines Day!