Some of the most fun I have is decorating my own coordinating background papers for my scrapbooking and card making projects. It is really very simple and easy to do.
- Choose your coordinating rubber stamp or stamps
- Choose an ink color
- Follow the instructions in Making Decorative Background Paper for Scrapbooking and Card Making Projects
- Paper can easily be embellish with glitter or embossing techniques.
- Use your paper as you would any purchased pattern paper.
Making your own background paper will always produce the perfect colors and depth for your own personal projects because you put it all together. Everything matches and contrasts just like you want it to.
Advantages to making your own pattern paper
- All your elements complement each other
- You don’t have to decorate more paper than you need for the project which saves paper for other ideas
- Colors in your background paper will definitely match the stamping you are doing for sentiments or other key elements
- No one else will ever have the same look in their background paper because only you designed it.
- Your background paper can develop and enhance the theme you want