Clear rubber stamps were used to create this fun fathers day card to develop a sports theme. A tie clear stamp makes the card a little more formal, and encompasses the ‘Father’s Day’ theme.
Captured Card Making Template
- A 12” x 6” folded in the middle to make a 6” x 6” card
- B 1” x 5-1/8”
- C 1-1/2” x 5-3/4”
- D 1-1/2” x 3-3/4″
- E 3/8” x 6″
- Blue Cardstock (A)
- Green Cardstock (B & C)
- Pattern Paper (D & E)
- Pattern Paper to match D plus 3 complimentary patterns
- Cardstock scraps – white, off-white, dark brown and rust
- Black and Blue ink
- Circle template and craft knife for a 1-1/8” circle
- Corner Rounder
- 3-d Sticky Foam
- For Him Clear Stamp Set
To Make This Card:
- Score cardstock A down the center and fold giving you a 6″ x 6″ card. Cut papers B, C, D and E to size. Glue paper E onto the front of your card as indicated in the layout. Trim edges for evenness.
- Using the circle template and craft knife OR circle cutter if you have one, cut four circles across the top of the card (be sure the card is not folded in half for this) as indicated in the layout.
- Using your corner rounder, round each corner on cardstock C. Glue inside the card on the back right under the circles you have just cut.
- With the For Him Clear Stamp Set, stamp the four balls onto coordinating colors of cardstock. These are the scraps listed in the materials needed. Cut each ball out and then with the card closed center a ball in each circle window you cut in step 2. Secure with 3-d foam.
- With the For Him Clear Stamp Set, stamp one tie on each of the four complimentary pattern pages. Cut each of the ties out. Glue these just below the circle windows. Be sure to leave enough room for your sentiment.
- With the For Him Clear Stamp Set, stamp the Celebrate sentiment onto D in black ink. Ink the edges of B and D with blue ink. Glue into place as indicated in the layout. Ink the outer edges of the front of your card.
- Add a sentiment or thought inside your card or leave it blank for a finished project!