A fun simple card making craft using metallic inks for accenting embossed designs on dark paper.
Solitude Card Making Template
- A 11” x 6” folded 5” from edge to make a 6” x 6” card
- B 3/4″ x 6”
- C 4-1/8” x 3-1/8”
- D 3-5/8” x 2-3/4”
- SSC085 Doodle Wings Clear Stamp Set
- Dark Purple Cardstock (A)
- Silver Paper (B & C)
- White Paper (D)
- Black, Gold, Bronze and Silver ink
- Colored Markers for coloring butterfly
- Chalks for background coloring
- 4 Silver Eyelets and eyelet setter
- Plastic Shopping Bag
- Embossing Stencil and Stylus if Desired
To Make this Card
1. Score cardstock A 5” from the center and fold giving you a 6″ x 6″ card. Cut papers B, C and D to size.
2. Take your embossing stencil and position the image of the back side of the card so that from the front your embossed image will be raised. If you do not wish to emboss, you may add an extra strip of silver paper to this area right down the center about 3/8” x 6” in size.
3. Twist the plastic shopping bag into a tight knot. Ink in the metallic inks and “sponge” onto the card front. When you are satisfied with the effect, throw the bag away. Rub the ink over the embossed area to highlight the design. Be sure to use all three metallic colors.
4. Glue B onto the edge of the card front (The area measuring 6” x 5”). Trim card edges for evenness.
5. Stamp your butterfly creation using the Doodle Wings Clear Stamp Set onto the white paper (D) in black ink. Color your butterfly as desired using the markers. Fill in the area around the butterfly with chalk, then using a thick brush or your finger remove any excess chalk.
6. Glue D onto C and Secure to the card front using four silver eyelets. Add a sentiment or thought inside your card or leave it blank for a finished project!