This dazzling card has been made using a combinantion of effects, mainly, acetate or clear plastic, holographic paper, permanent ink and rubbing alcohol. The clear qualities of the acetate or plastic allow you to create stunning windows and designs in your card making crafts, specifically suited to the clear rubber stamps you love.
To Make this Card you will Need:
- Clear plastic or acetate
- Holographic Paper
- Doodle Wings Clear Stamps
- Clear Stamping Blocks
- Permanent Ink Pad and Cleaner
- Permanent markers – varying colors
- Rubbing Alcohol in a small spritz bottle
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Celebrate Card Making Template
To Make this Card:
1. Ink the butterfly design found in the Doodle Wings Clear Stamp Set with versamark, permanent ink. Quickly and carefully stamp the design onto the acetate or clear plastic. Promptly clean your stamp with the stamp cleaner, then with water until it is clean. NOTE: Permanent ink will discolor clear stamps, but with quick and prompt cleaning this is minimized as much as possible. Any remaining discoloration will not hinder the performance of the stamp.
2. Turn the stamped design over and color in the butter fly wings with a rainbow design. Don’t make the color changes crisp as you are wanting the colors to bleed together a little
3. Spritz your design 4-6 times (still on the back) with rubbing alcohol. Be sure you are on a level surface and that the rubbing alcohol cannot reach the front of your design as it will cause the lines to bleed. While it is wet, you may wish to rub a pin head through the ink to encourage blending.
4. Allow the design to dry, then you can clean up the edges with a clean Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Carefully wipe away any color outside the stamped lines. You can wipe it away with the dry end of the Q-tip once you have moistened it.
5. Stamp the butterfly (without the antennae) in a light colored ink on cream cardstock by inking the design and rubbing off any ink that is on the antennae.
6. Using a craft knife, cut around the outside of the design to create a butterfly shape.
7. (Picture 8) Place holographip paper under the butterfly cut out.
8. (Picture 7) Place colored butterfly over the opening and trace around the edge of the acetate so you can cut the cream colored cardstock to the same size as the acetate. This allows perfect placement.
9. Secure the three layers together with brads or eyelet positioned in the corners. You can now see the holographic designs through the multicolored wings of the butterfly.
10. Complete the card by matting the butterfly design and adding the saying or sentiment that expresses the wish you have in mind.