Celebrate the Great Outdoors with these wonderful clear rubber stamps called Camping Bear. This card is centered around a three dimensional hiker using rubber stamping and paper tole techniques. Easily embellished with real twigs on a green background, this card celebrates outdoor activities and encompasses treasured camping trips, outdoor activities and fun!
Materials Needed to Make this Card:
- Green Cardstock (A and E)
- Gold corrugated paper (F)
- Yellow Cardstock (D)
- Pale Green Cardstock (C)
- Striped Green Pattern Paper (B)
- Black ink
- White Cardstock
- Camping Clear Stamp Set
- Dark Brown Brad (1 or 2)
- Dark Brown twigs no more than 3/8” diameter
- 3-d Sticky foam
- Scissors or a craft knife
- Tacky Glue
To Make This Card:
- Score cardstock A in the center and fold giving you a 6″ x 6″ card. Cut papers B through G to size. Glue papers B and C in place. Trim the edges for evenness.
- Stamp three hikers onto the white cardstock using your favorite Camping Clear Stamps. Color all three stamped images the same with chalks. Cut out the first bear following the edge closely.
- To do Paper Tole with this image, cut the second hiker out following the edge closely but as you do cut off the left foot and leg as well as the left hand. Cut out the right arm and hand from the third hiker. Assemble the three pieces into a three dimensional hiker using 3-d sticky foam squares. If you need to, be sure to trim the sticky foam small enough that it will not show beyond the edges. Place hiker 2 on top of 1, then secure the arm from the 3rd image onto the second image. You should now have a 3 dimensional hiker.
- Assemble cardstock pieces D, E and F together as shown in the layout. Secure the hiker onto F with sticky foam pieces. Add a tag (G) with a simple sentiment and secure with a brad.
- Embellish your project with twigs as desired. Be sure to give your hiker an authentic hiking stick. You may wish to add a sentiment inside the card or leave it blank for a completed card making craft.