This is a fun four leaf clover to make without buying any special stamps. Simply use a basic heart as instructed below to design and give away Good Luck this month!!!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- BASIC Card Making Template
- Cardstock for a 5 x 7 card
- From the Vineyard Chalks
- Clear Heart Rubber Stamps (Wedding and Love Clear Stamps)
- Garden Box Clear Rubber Stamps
- Light and Medium Green Pigment Ink of your choice
- Brown Pigment Ink
- Green Ribbon
- Post It Notes
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut a 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ piece of cream colored cardstock.
- CLOVER: Using the heart clear stamp from the Wedding and Love Clear Stamps we will make the clover. Ink one third to one half of the heart with the light green. Ink the remainder of the heart with the dark green. Position the first heart so that the side of the heart would be almost parallel to a vertical line. Working off that heart, stamp 3 more hearts like the first placing them so that the pointed base touches to form a perfect four leaf clover.
- For the stem, ink the side (the almost straight line from the base) of the heart you have chosen from the Wedding and Love Clear Stamps in the dark green ink and then before you stamp it, carefully wipe of any ink that may have gotten on the designs on the inside of the heart. Stamp it from the center of you clover. By creating your stem in this way, you will find that it matches your clover perfectly!
- Next, you will do the border. Using the single flower from the Garden Box Clear Rubber Stamp Set, ink it in brown. Beginning in the corner stamp the flower horizontally. To ensure that the ink does not carry off the edge of the paper, simply use a sticky note placed to cover about 1/4″ of the edge before stamping the next flower linking the bottom of the stem to the flower of the first image. Follow this process around the edge of your paper until the border is complete.
- Color in you clover, by first using the golden yellow chalk to add a little light to the light green side of each heart. Fill in the rest of the heart with the green of your choice allowing it to blend with the yellow chalk. Color the flowers in your border yellow and use the green chalk to color the space between the border and the edge of the paper. This will complete your shamrock! (For tips on coloring rubber stamped images you may wish to visit the Coloring Rubber Stamped Designs Information Page.)
- The rest is easy. Mat your shamrock in brown. Following the BASIC Card Making Template, cut papers that will go vertically down your card. Place them to the side rather than down the middle and add your green ribbon down the edge of the green paper. For a little extra fun, we did a lace punch down the side of the lighter color.
- Once all the pieces have been secured, add your LUCKY sentiment using your favorite clear alphabet rubber stamps.