A lovely effect is created with both a background and foreground design coming together to create a dimensional forest in this sweet little celebration card. The deer almost appears to be pondering and appreciating his forest home.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Birch Buddies Clear rubber stamps
- Mini Bee Clear Rubber Stamps
- OLD FASHIONED Card Making Template
- Brown and blue cardstock
- Pigment ink for stamping
- Craft knife
- Dimensional glue
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut and fold your brown cardstock to form your card.
- Using the Birch Buddies clear rubber stamps, stamp the two birch trees on the left and one on the right leaving about 1″ clear from the edge (if you have to mask off part of the design so you have the right spacing)
- Cut your blue cardstock to fit inside the card.
- Cut out the space between your outside trees. Use a ruler to define the top and bottom of your design.
- On the blue cardstock stamp multiple birch trees. Color them in using pigment in as explained in the Coloring Designs like a Pro information article (technique #5).
- Stamp green grass at the base of the trees.
- Stamp leaves onto the trees using the Mini Bee clear stamps.
- Using the dimensional glue (this will leave a glossy finish when it is dry) cover the three trees on the brown cardstock with the glue. This will give them a little more shape and it also gives them a different texture from the rest of the paper.
- Once the dimensional glue is dry secure the blue paper to the back of the design showing the forest through the trees. Add leaf shaped brads to the foreground of the design.
- Stamp the deer on a separate piece of cardstock. Color as desired and add gems to the spots on his back. Secure to the front of the card.
- Stamp or write the word ‘Celebrate’ onto blue cardstock and mat with brown. Secure to the bottom left corner of the card.
- Add a saying or sentiment inside your card and it is ready to be used!