This fun card features a large Easter egg that is decorated traditionally with an Easter bunny scene filling the center. The Easter Egg lays on a bed of Angelina Fibers giving the same feel as the Easter fluff that fills much anticipated Easter baskets.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- SIMPLICITY Card Making Template
- Ribbons and Rik Rak clear stamps
- Birch Buddies Clear Stamps
- Alphabet clear stamps
- Clear Stamping Blocks
- Winter Trees Clear Rubber Stamps
- Large oval template
- Stamping inks
- Angelina Fibers
- Cardstock for a 5 x 7 card
- Pattern Paper
- Green cardstock
- Rhinstones to add bling!
- Sponge dauber
- Sticky note
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut out a large oval from a light colored cardstock.
- DECORATING the egg: To create the decorative lines use your ribbons and rik rak clear stamps or some of your favorite border clear stamps, peel the design of the clear carrier and place it on your stamping block with a slight bend in it. Ink and stamp the border so that it divides the egg into three sections. Switching borders and colors as often as you desire, continue to decorate the top and bottom sections of the egg with the border clear stamps. Finish the top off with a flower or other round design. If you wish, color in any empty space between the border designs.
- To decorate the center of the egg, you will need your stamping ink, the sticky note and a sponge dauber create grassy hills as outlined in the Cheerful Mist Card Making instructions. Using the Birch Buddies clear rubber stamps stamp the rabbit onto a separate sheet of white cardstock. Use the grass clear stamp if desired to add texture to the hills you create. Stamp in bushes and trees using the smaller stamps on the Winter Trees clear stamp set. Cut out the rabbit and secure it in the hills. Finish the egg off by gluing oval rhinestones randomly through the hills you have just created. You may wish to add tiny sparkles to some of the border designs on your egg as well.
- Cut an oval scallop edged mat for the egg.
- Prepare your angelina fibers as instructed in the Angelina Fibers Information page. Make it large enough to surround the bottom half of you Easter egg design.
- Secure patterned paper to the top part of your card, then place the oval mat so that it is centered on the card. Secure the green cardstock at the bottom of the card face. Next secure your angelina fiber with double sided tape. The last step is to adhere the egg design on it’s mat. Stamp “Happy Easter” on the top half of the card using your clear alphabet stamps.
- Stamp a saying or sentiment inside your card to prepare it for use!