This card was inspired by a piece of art in the local dentist office! With varying sizes of circles positioned at different heights, this card hold lots of interest and is fun to put together. Read on to learn how…
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- DIMENSION Card Making Template
- Mum Messages Clear Rubber Stamps
- Circle Cutter
- Four colors of scrap cardstock for cutting the cirlces from
- Heavy cardboard or Chipboard
- Cardstock for a 6×6 card
- Craft Knife
- Dimensional Foam Adhesive
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CARD:
- Cut a frame from heavy cardstock. You may make it any dimension you wish. The example uses a frame measuring 5″ square with a 4″ square cut from the middle.
- Cut out your circles. We recommend you use 3 sizes in your choice of color schemes.
- Ink the edges of all your circles and the frame as well as the edges of the card itself.
- Before you adhere the frame to the card use double sided tape or glue to attach a variety of sizes and colors of circles to the card inside where you frame will fit. Let some of them be covered partially by the frame.
- Using the Mum Messages clear stamps, stamp your saying or sentiment onto the frame. Next place 2 layers of dimensional foam on the back of the frame. Adhere to your card. If you wish to stamp flowers on any of your circles do it before adhereing them to the card.
- Attach more circles randomly placed using one layer of dimensional foam.
- Attach your last layer of circles to the card using two layers of dimensional foam.
- Stamp your saying or sentiment inside your card to complete the craft.
Using dimensional foam to create layers in your card elements creates a fascinating and fun to look at card. This design can be used for almost any theme, birthday, easter (use ovals instead of circles), weddings and even thank you cards. Change the stamps you use to alter the sentiment.
An interesting variation of this card uses a smaller frame and less circles. Check it out below: