This card just feels like spring and summer! With its colorful butterflies and swirling designs, Butter fly Gardens is a fun accordion card to make and give to the special people in your life.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- 12″x6″ cardstock
- Butterfly Beauties clear rubber stamps
- Live Well clear rubber stamps
- Birthday Sayings Stamp of your choice
- Multi colored ink pad or 1″ ink pads so colors can be blended
- Paper Cutter or craft knife
- Accordion Fold Card Making Instructions
TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Fold the 6″ x 12″ cardstock into thirds as illustrated in Fig 1 in Accordion Fold Card Making Instructions.
- VARIATION on Fig 2. Cut the angle from the top left hand corner accross all three sections of the card as shown in the photo below.
3. Using the Butterfly Beauties clear rubber stamps, ink the butterfly designs using 2-3 ink colors. Simply ink a portion of the butterfly in the first color, then in the darker color, ink the remainder of the design allowing the colors to blend together where they meet. Stamp 3-4 of each of 3-4 butterflies in this manner on scrap cardstock. Cut them out close to the design and glue to the top edge of the card. Be sure that your butterflies do not overlap the folds of the card, just the top edge.
4. Turn the card over and decorate the center portion of the card so the butterflies in that section have a front and a back. This will give you a completed card front when it is all folded together as well as when it is opened completely.