A fun card that appeals to boys of all ages! This birthday greeting card features a rocket shooting off into space with a special ‘Blast Off’ sentiment conveying the perfect birthday wish for a special boy!
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Hot Rocketz Clear Rubber Stamps
- Classic Card Making Template
- 3-5 colors of paper A- Dark blue, B-Turquoise, C-1 – Dark Brown, C-2 and F - Tan, D and E - Medium Brown
- brown pigment ink
- coloring tools
- glue or other adhesive
- light brown ribbon or strip of paper
- embossing powder and ink (optional)
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
1. Cut pieces for the card using the Classic Card Making Template with the following changes.
- C-1 – same as C in the Classic Card Making Template
- C-2 – 5 1/4 x 3 1/4
- D – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ with two mats measuring (Mid) 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2 and (base) 2 3/4 x 3
- E – 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- F – 3/4″ x 1″ with two mats (mid) 1″ x 1 1/4″ and (base) 1 1/4″ x 1 1/2″
2. Stamp the rocket from the Hot Rocketz Clear Rubber Stamps onto D in brown ink. Color as desired.
3. Stamp the ‘Have a Blast’ saying onto cardstock F in brown ink.
4. Mat D with the mid and base mat placing the mid mat so the base mat has a wider left hand border. Using a star stamp from the Hot Rocketz Clear Rubber Stamps stamp a border down the wide border left on the base mat. Emboss with gold if desired.
5. Mat E with the mid and base mat. Set D and E aside.
6. Using the Galaxy Stamp, create a patterned background paper that coordinates with your theme by stamping the galaxy randomly over the C-2 cardstock. Secure F onto C-2 and trim the edges to ensure they match. Mat C-2 with C-1, and mat that with B. Secure onto A.
7. Glue D and E into place.
8. Stamp the planet onto a piece of tan cardstock and color it. Cut it out closely and secure it to the card below the ‘Have a Blast’ Saying.
9. Stamp ‘Happy Birthday’ on the inside of the card to complete the project. To make a matching envelope stamp the planet in the bottom left hand corner of the front of the envelope and color. Add a few stars randomly around the planet.