This is an absolutely adorable Fathers Day craft idea we found that we wanted to share with you. Tie gift bags are so easy to make and decorate using your clear rubber stamps and best of all you can create them with materials you already have! Ties are easy to customize to your dad’s personality using clear rubber stamps and background paper making techniques.
Tie Gift Bags
By: Kendra Halterman of My Insanity Blog
- white standard-sized paper lunch bags
- scrapbooking paper
- clear tape or other adhesive
- Place your present inside the bag before you get started. Fold the top of the bag down (maybe 1 ½ inches) and make a nice crease.
- Then, cut the bag at the bottom of the fold on each side, leaving the strips of the bag that can be folded down to make a collar.
- Use some clear tape to secure the “shoulders” so that the gift won’t come out. A 3D dot adhesive is nice for the collar wings, but they can be glued or taped as well.
- You can use scrapbooking paper (4×6 matting size) to make the ties, always taking advantage of the nice corner of the paper, and then eyeballing the folds mde on either side.
- Folding the paper looks more like a real tie. Fold the edges of the leftover paper to make a strip to wrap around the base of the tie to look like the knot at the top.
- Then, adhere the whole thing to the top of the bag, tucking the edges under the wings of the collar. If this is too complicated, just cut a basic tie shape out of scrapbook paper and tape it up there. It will be adorable either way.
What will you put in the bag?
Happy Father’s Day to all of the wonderful men out there who have chosen to be Dads!