I have seen many variations of the dressy Fathers day cards – you know the ones I mean, the paper is folded to look like a dress shirt, a tie is added and you have a classy card or gift bag – but what if the dressy, professional look is not your dad? Well, we have come up with a casual card that is made to look like a T-shirt. It is simple to make and very easy to personalize to the likes and personality of your dad.
Here are a few quick tips for making this card. This is a 4×6 card with the fold on the 4″ inch side.
- Make sure that your card folds the long way – meaning that it is hinged on the short side of the card
- Cut a v-shape off both sides to create sleeves. Be sure not to cut the V in too deep or the sides of the shirt will be too sloped and will actually look like a dress rather than a T-shirt.
- For the neck, mark the half way point across the hinged side of the card. Open the card flat and cut a half oval for the next opening. Once that is done, but the back portion down just a tiny bit – no more than 1/8″.
- For the collar simply trace the half oval you cut out and then enlarge that edge – like as though you were going to mat it with a 1/4″ (or maybe a little wider) mat. Cut out the U shaped collar and glue it to the top of your shirt. Add stitch lines or draw in fabric lines as desired.
- Once your shirt is built decorate it using your Fathers Day Clear rubber Stamps. This is an easy way to customize the designs on your card to the personality, likes and hobbies of the card recipient. The card sample above is decorated with the ‘World’s Greatest Dad‘ clear hobby rubber stamp set.
Happy Stamping and Happy Fathers Day to all your Wonderful Dads!!!