Such a fun and easy card making idea, this swivel card provides a delightful way to discover the special sentiments contained therein.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Circle cutter or 4 different sizes of precut circles.
- Beautiful Butterflies Clear Rubber Stamps
- Happy Birthday Sentiment Stamp
- Brown Ink
- Embossing Ink
- Gold and Sage Embossing powders
- Heat embossing gun
- 4 Brads
- Clear sheet embossed with polka dots (Optional) (To learn more about using clear embellishments read Clear Accents for Scrapbooks and Card Making Crafts)
- Cut solid colored circles 5″ and 31/4″ in diameter. Cut light colored circles: two 3 3/4″ and one 2 3/4″. If a clear textured sheet is desired cut it the same size as the smallest circle.
- Stamp a happy birthday border around the edge of the largest circle with your Happy Birthday Sentiment Stamp and ink the edges.
- Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps stamp and emboss a butterfly flourish in the center of one of the largest circles. Adhere to the center of the largest disc. (We will call this part A) On the other circle of the same size stamp and emboss flourishes around the edges. (We will call this disc B) Ink the edges of both circles.
- Ink the edges of the last two circles. Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps, stamp and emboss a smaller blutterfly flourish on the light colored disc. Using the end of the butterfly flourish add decorative flourishes to the edges. Adhere the two discs together with the solid color matting the butterfly flourish disc. (We will call this section C)
- ASSEMBLY: Place disc A right side up on the surface in front of you. Cover the center with disc B. Secure near the top of Disc B with a gold brad. Swivel this much open. Place section C on top of B with the image upside down to you. Secure near the bottom of the image of section C with a gold brad. If you are placing the textured clear sheet over this section secure it with the same brad as well. When swivelled completely open each section will be right side up.
- Personalize your card with a special message written on the back to the recipient.