This card exudes a delicate beauty that is delightful to make and is guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of the recipient! It is made with folded circles and swirling flourishes rubber stamped to complement the flowers.
Materials needed to make this card:
- CLARITY Card Making Template
- Double sided pattern paper in pinks and greens
- Butterfly Beauty clear rubber stamps
- Garden Box clear stamps (thank you sentiment)
- Rubber Stamping ink
- Instructions for doing the dahlia fold
- Paper cutter
- 5×7 blank card
To make this card:
- Cut four 1.5 inch circles from your flower petal double-sided pattern scrapbook paper. Follow the folding instructions for the dahlia fold.
- Cut three 1 inch circles from your green double sided scrapbook paper. Follow the folding instructions for the dahlia fold but eliminate step 4.
- Next secure the flower petals inside the green folds from step two.
- Now you can do a test layout. Set your flower buds onto your card face and decide where they will look best with the flourish rubber stamps you have chosen. In the card above we used the flourishes from the Butterfly Beauty clear rubber stamp set. You may even wish to add a butterfly to your design.
- Begin stamping the flourishes where you want them. Be sure to move the flowers out of the way so they don’t interfere with the stamp impression during the rubber stamping process.
- With the flourishes in place, secure your flowers where you desire.
- Add a band of color down the side of your card using the same prints that you used for your flower petals.
- Ink the edges in a coordinating color if you wish and stamp the saying you desire using your sentiments clear stamps. We used the thank you sentiment from the Garden Box clear stamp set.
- Add a thought or wish inside the card and your are ready to give it to somebody special.