February 4, 2013 at 6:20 pm (Flower Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, dahlia fold, rubber stamping, rubber stamping ideas
This card exudes a delicate beauty that is delightful to make and is guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of the recipient! It is made with folded circles and swirling flourishes rubber stamped to complement the flowers.
Materials needed to make this card:
To make this card:
- Cut four 1.5 inch circles from your flower petal double-sided pattern scrapbook paper. Follow the folding instructions for the dahlia fold.
- Cut three 1 inch circles from your green double sided scrapbook paper. Follow the folding instructions for the dahlia fold but eliminate step 4.
- Next secure the flower petals inside the green folds from step two.
- Now you can do a test layout. Set your flower buds onto your card face and decide where they will look best with the flourish rubber stamps you have chosen. In the card above we used the flourishes from the Butterfly Beauty clear rubber stamp set. You may even wish to add a butterfly to your design.
- Begin stamping the flourishes where you want them. Be sure to move the flowers out of the way so they don’t interfere with the stamp impression during the rubber stamping process.
- With the flourishes in place, secure your flowers where you desire.
- Add a band of color down the side of your card using the same prints that you used for your flower petals.
- Ink the edges in a coordinating color if you wish and stamp the saying you desire using your sentiments clear stamps. We used the thank you sentiment from the Garden Box clear stamp set.
- Add a thought or wish inside the card and your are ready to give it to somebody special.
February 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm (Card making Tutorials, Random Cards)
Tags: card making, card making crafts, card making ideas, clear stamps, greeting cards, quilted cards, rubber stamping
This is a super simple card to make and it presents a wonderful way to use up the scraps of paper that are hard to just throw away when you are done a project!
- CREATIVE Card Making Template (There is no specific template for the way you use the scraps on your card but this template may assist you in developing your ideas)
- Scraps of pattern scrapbook paper
- Double sided tape or glue
- A zig-zag clear stamp or sewing machine
- A sentiment stamp with the sentiment of your choice. (We used ‘Thanks’)
- Stamping ink
- Paper cutter
To Make this card:
- Fold your card stock to the size of card you desire. We did a 4×6 card in the above sample.
- Cut a piece of solid colored card stock 1/4″ smaller on each side than the finished dimensions of your card (3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ for our card)
- Next using no less than three different coordinating pattern papers, begin placing them on the card stock just cut. Be sure to leave at least 1/8″ between each piece. Continue this process until the paper is completely covered.
- Sew or stamp zig-zag lines around each square/rectangle piece of paper.
- Using a sentiment stamp, stamp your saying onto one square.
- Ink the edges of the card stock and then adhere it to the face of the card.
- Add a saying or note inside the card for a completed card making craft!
August 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm (Card making Tutorials)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, clear art stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamp, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
Such a fun and easy card making idea, this swivel card provides a delightful way to discover the special sentiments contained therein.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut solid colored circles 5″ and 31/4″ in diameter. Cut light colored circles: two 3 3/4″ and one 2 3/4″. If a clear textured sheet is desired cut it the same size as the smallest circle.
- Stamp a happy birthday border around the edge of the largest circle with your Happy Birthday Sentiment Stamp and ink the edges.
- Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps stamp and emboss a butterfly flourish in the center of one of the largest circles. Adhere to the center of the largest disc. (We will call this part A) On the other circle of the same size stamp and emboss flourishes around the edges. (We will call this disc B) Ink the edges of both circles.
- Ink the edges of the last two circles. Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps, stamp and emboss a smaller blutterfly flourish on the light colored disc. Using the end of the butterfly flourish add decorative flourishes to the edges. Adhere the two discs together with the solid color matting the butterfly flourish disc. (We will call this section C)
- ASSEMBLY: Place disc A right side up on the surface in front of you. Cover the center with disc B. Secure near the top of Disc B with a gold brad. Swivel this much open. Place section C on top of B with the image upside down to you. Secure near the bottom of the image of section C with a gold brad. If you are placing the textured clear sheet over this section secure it with the same brad as well. When swivelled completely open each section will be right side up.
- Personalize your card with a special message written on the back to the recipient.
July 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm (Card making Tutorials, Flower Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, card making layouts, card making templates, card making tutorial, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps
This summer fold out card is actually twice as big as it looks!!! When you open it – it doubles in size!!! It is super easy to make and fun to give to the special people in your life. It is decorated using clear hobby rubber stamps and made using the DELIGHT card making layout.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD
TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Follow the instructions for assembling this card making project using the DELIGHT Card Making Template.
- Decorate the tan cardstock using the Bold Geraniums clear hobby rubber stamp set as desired.
- Add a saying or sentiment. We used “Thinking of You Today” from the Roses clear stamps set by Crafty Secrets.
- Tie up your ribbon and it is ready to use!
April 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, birthday stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps
Cupcakes and treats evoke birthday fun! This card is designed around a delectable birthday cupcake. Gentle circles and arches are used to bring delight to the overall composition of this uniquely beautiful birthday design perfect for all ages!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD
TIPS TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Cut paper pieces according to the instructions in the Encircled card making template
- In addition to these piece cut a third circle with your circle cutter to fit in between the 2 sizes you have already cut.
- Using your Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp the cupcake of your choice on to the pink paper and also onto the yellow paper. Cut out the entire cupcake on the yellow paper. Cut out just the icing portion of the cupcake on the pink paper. Using markers or chalks enhance the pinks and yellows as desired. Using sticky foam or tape, secure the pink portion of the icing over top of the yellow portion. Set aside.
- Again using the Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp the candle onto white cardstock. Color as desired. Cut out the candle and the flame separately. Set aside.
- Using the small flowers from the Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp a floral border along the edge of the mat cut for D as well as around the circumference of your medium sized circle. Color the flowers and leaves as desired.
- Add a corner design to B using clear scrapbooking stamps or stickers.
- Adhere lace to C by folding the ends to the back side of the piece and taping securely in place.
- Stamp your saying onto the vellum tag. Add a ribbon and set aside for assembly.
- Assemble your card in the following order: A, B, D-mat, D, C, large circle, medium circle, small circle, cupcake and candle tucked in behind the icing. Attach the flame above the candle.
- To complete your card adhere the tag next to the cupcake.
March 20, 2012 at 3:47 am (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making projects, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
The ‘Best Birthday Blooms’ greeting card is filled with layers of delight as one opens and enjoys each level. Embossing enhances the interest, adding both texture and color to the cardstock. Clear hobby rubber stamps create delightful flowers and finish of a wonderful birthday wish!!!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CARD:
- Happy Stamping!!!Follow the instructions for cutting and folding found with the TAILORED Card Making Template.
- Texture both outside flaps of your card if desired using embossing folders. Ink the raised portion of the embossing if desired.
- Using the Bold Geraniums clear hobby rubber stamps, stamp 2 flowers onto your white cardstock. Be sure to add a flower pot to the one that will be on the front of your card.
- Also stamp the Bold Geraniums frame that will hold the birthday sentiment.
- Using the Garden Box clear stamps, ink and stamp the ‘Happy Birthday” saying into the frame.
- Cut out the flowers and frame and prepare them for attaching to your card.
- Before securing the flowers to your card, play with how they look a little to ensure that you will be happy with the end results. One flower goes inside the card and is framed by the smaller circle. The second flower adheres to the side of the small circle and is partially framed by the largest circle. The potted flower goes on the front of the card to complete the design.
- Add a ribbon down the side and a saying or note inside to complete your own Best Birthday Blooms greeting card.
March 5, 2012 at 9:26 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: baby card making ideas, card making ideas, card making template, card making templates, card making tutorial, card making tutorials, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
“Tiny Little Feet… have walked right into your heart!” This is an adorable baby card that is just perfect for welcoming bundles of joy.
Materials Needed to Make This Card:
Tips for Making This Card:
- After following the cutting and folding instructions for the ENCHANTED Card Making Template, you are ready to decorate your card.
- Cut the right edge with scallop scissors for a more decorative edge.
- Add thin strips of paper down one side of the card face and/or inside the oval.
- Stamp designs with clear acrylic stamps or use scrapbooking stickers to create an adorable focal point on the inside oval of the card.
- Stamp borders horizontally on the face of the card and again inside the card.
- Ink the edges of the card if desired.
- Using your clear alphabet rubber stamps or a favorite saying or sentiment rubber stamp, complete the thoughts you wish to convey with your handmade greeting card.
December 5, 2011 at 9:33 pm (Christmas, Christmas Cards, Christmas Crafts, New & Promotional)
Tags: christmas card crafts, Christmas card making, christmas card making ideas, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
Of course you already know that the clear plastic packaging that we see so much of today with our purchases is a gold mine for creative card making and scrapbooking ideas. Today, we will share a little Christmas card.
This is the finished card. Now I’ll back up and tell you how it was made. First a rectangular piece of packaging was cut and folded in half. The fun part of this card making craft is putting the design into the plastic. For this card, this was done using a cuttlebug and a Christmas embossing folder. Once it is run through the cuttlebug, you have a fabulous clear card already started!
But I like to be able to sign my name to a card before I give it away, so next we will add something we can sign. This is done using a round cardstock disc. It has been embossed on one side with snowflakes, then highlighted with a small gold ink pad.. A hole is punched into the top, and a metallic string is threaded through the hold. Make a small hole at the top center portion of the plastic card and then tie the disc inside the card so that it hangs directly behind the embossed circle. Add a Merry Christmas greeting using clear rubber stamps and you have a finished card.
Above is a view of the card from the back. You can see that there is room to sign your name below the Merry Christmas greeting.
October 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm (Card making Tutorials, Random Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, card making templates, card making tutorial, card making tutorials, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, rubber stamping ideas, summer card making ideas
Though summer is past, this bright cheerful card can be made with those special memories in mind, to bring cheer and laughter into the dreary days of winter.
Materials Needed to Make This Card
To Make This Card
- Prepare the card for assembly by following the instructions for the Refresh Card Making Template.
- Using the Summer Season Clear Stamp Set, create a star background pattern on each of the three pinwheel (D) paper colors. You may find reading the Creating Your own Patterned Background Paper information helpful.
- Assemble your pinwheels.
- Stamp your sentiment, quote, or greeting onto paper B and secure it onto the right hand edge of your card as indicated in the Refresh card making layout. Using the Summer Season Clear Stamp set stamp the word “SUMMER” onto this strip. You may wish to stamp in a lighter and darker color to create a shadow image. For the smaller words, use small Alphabet Clear Stamps.
- Position and secure the vertical elements. Stamp a border image in between them your choice of ink colors.
- Secure pinwheels into place using 3-d Sticky squares. You may wish to add a sentiment inside the card or leave it blank.
August 31, 2011 at 5:15 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: card making craft, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making tutorial, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, thanksgiving cards
Making and decorating small elements and combining them so that they work together on the card face is a fantastic way to make absolutely wonderful hand made greeting cards! This card features a fall / Thanksgiving theme and the rich colors work together to truly add a sense of joy and bounty to the holiday season.
Materials Needed to Make this Card:
TIPS for Making this Card
- Cut all the pieces you will need from 3-4 coordinating pieces of paper or card stock.
- Accent each piece by inking the edges as described in Enhancing with Age. Be sure to ink the edge of the folded card as well.
- Decorate each of the 4 main squares as much or as little as you like using ribbon, string, brads, eyelets, buttons etc. You may wish to add coordinating designs using clear hobby rubber stamps in your background paper.
- Assemble your card according to the COZY card making template instructions.
« Older entries