June 7, 2010 at 6:43 pm (How To Articles, Scrapbook Theme Ideas, Scrapbooking)
Tags: card making crafts, clear stamps, Fathers Day Ideas, Mini Scrapbook Albums, rubber stamping, scrapbook ideas, scrapbooking ideas
CD’s provide a fun and creative medium for stamping and scrapbooking hobby crafts. This cute little mini album is designed over CD’s and enhanced with rubber stamps to create a fun theme for fathers day. You can use this idea for any gift giving project or you can even dress us your traditional 12 x 12 scrapbooking pages with CD elements.
Materials Needed to Make this Craft:
- old CD’s
- Drill and drill bit
- Scrapbook paper
- Circle cutter and cutting mat OR
- Pencil and scissors
- Double sided tape
- Liquid glue with small applicator
- Dimensional glue for Family Buttons
Begin by drilling a hole in your CD’s. You can drill about 3 at a time, but be sure to mark the position of your hole so that it will line up no matter how many you use in your CD Mini Album.
Next begin cutting 5″ circles from your pattern paper to cover the CD’s. Mark the position of the hole and punch with a hole punch. Begin gluing the paper onto the CD’s. You may wish to cut part circles to introduce more than one pattern or color into your background.
Next cut out your photo’s into circles or ovals. Cut a mat for each photo and glue the photo’s to their mats.
If you wish to make a photo into a glass button you will want to do this now. You will need dimensional glue which dries clear but is shiny. Simply squeeze the glue out evenly onto the photo and allow it to dry. It can take up to 3 hours before it is completely dry. This technique gives a fabulous finish and adds wonderful dimension to your project.
Begin decorating your individual pages. Below are some different ideas you may find useful. This mini album has a fun family theme consistently created using lively sayings from the Live Well Clear Rubber Stamp Set.
To add a pocket to your CD Mini Album cut a half circle and apply double sided tape to the curved edge. Secure to your CD.
Apply ribbon to the top edge using double sided tape. If you tape is too wide for the ribbon you are using add another ribbon in a complementary color.
Create a card or tag to insert into the pocket. Embellish as desired. This little card uses the Mini Love Square Clear Stamp with the letters ‘I’ and ‘U’ drawn in on either side.
Insert your card into the pocket to complete the page.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR CREATING AND FINISHING YOUR CD MINI ALBUM:
- Finish each CD off by running a fine bead of glue between the papers around the edge of the CD. Squeeze together tighltly, wiping away any excess glue that squeezes out. This will protect each page from being pulled apart as it is turned.
- Enhance each CD edge by daubing ink around the perimeter of the sealed edge. This tends to frame each page and make it more interesting to look at.
- Finish off the Mini Album with either a ribbon tied loosly to hold the pages together, or purchase a ring to store them on. Dress up the ring by tying ribbons around it.
Mini albums are a quick scrapbook project that is extremely rewarding and usually can be completed in a few hours. They make good gifts and can even function as cards. Whatever you use them for, you will be delighted with how they turn out!
April 7, 2009 at 9:45 pm (Scrapbook Theme Ideas)
Tags: clear stamps, easter clear stamps, easter rubber stamps, easter scrapbook ideas, hobby rubber stamps, rubber stamping, rubber stamps, scrapbooking ideas
Easter is a great time for scrapbookers to use pastel colors in combination with spring photos and embellishments to recreate a special holiday. When designing your page, first consider it’s purpose. You may wish to capture your faith with religious aspects of the holiday, you may prefer pretty pastels and Easter Eggs to dominate your pages. I chose a fun pastel color theme.
Begin by choose an appropriate Easter Scrapbook Page Topper. If you are having a hard time coming up with something look through the Easter and Spring categories in 1500+ FREE Scrapbook Page Toppers to help you. You may also find a few new ideas from Easter Theme Scrapbooking Ideas.
Easter scrapbook themes are really easy to create when you have Easter Eggs to adorn your pages. You may wish to make them large enough to host a photo or small enough to create an interesting decorative border. Regardless of their purpose, you can make them easily by cutting striped paper into an oval. Next use two or three different colors of pigment ink and some clear border rubber stamps to add interest to each stripe. Change the rubber stamping ink color often to make your eggs very colorful. I enjoyed stamping a spring garden to place my stamped Easter Eggs in.
Clear Rubber Stamps used in this layout: Big Blooms (flower rubber stamps) and Ribbons and Rikrak (for the lines on the Easter Eggs)
However you use them, stamping Easter Eggs to enhance an Easter scrapbooking theme will please the eye every time.
For more Easter scrapbook page ideas scroll to the bottom of the Easter Scrapbooking page in this link.
January 29, 2009 at 6:48 pm (How To Articles, Scrapbook Theme Ideas, Valentines Crafts)
Tags: card making crafts, clear stamps, hobby rubber stamps, rubber stamping, rubber stamps, stamping ideas, valentines cards
Stamping clever Valentines for kids and sweethearts is easy with clear hobby rubber stamps. Design handmade Valentines cards that will always carry the appropriate saying for the recipient. From the idea list make clever Valentines that will bring a chuckle with ordinary rubber stamps.
To make a funny Valentine stamp a Hippo with the words “Hip, Hippo-ray for my Valentine!” or stamp a cheerleader and include the caption “Three Cheers for the Best Valentine!” Use any of the funny ideas to design and create ideal Valentine card making crafts, or to begin decorating unique scrapbook art pages.
You can spend as much or as little time on Valentine crafts as you like. The more layers, backgrounds and embellishments you use the sharper the project will look. For kids Valentines you may prefer to limit the card craft to simple stamping techniques. For a sweetheart you may wish to embellish the card with a little extra time and effort to convey your feelings. No matter who the recipient is, these clever cards will be enjoyed by all.
December 2, 2008 at 3:57 pm (Scrapbook Theme Ideas)
Tags: page toppers, scrapbook pages, scrapbook themes, Scrapbooking
With 1500 Plus Scrapbook Page Toppers, you will find fun Titles and Quotes to theme your Scrapbook Pages. Topics include:
- Outdoors (Camping, Fishing, Snow etc),
- Family (New Baby, Grandparents, Parents, Heritage etc.)
- Birthday and Holidays (Christmas, Valentines, Halloween etc.)
- Events (Moving, Graduation etc.)
- Love and Friendship (Marriage, Dating, Best Friend etc.)
- Hobbies and Talents (Sports, Games, Dancing etc.)
- Food and Cooking
- Country and Nation
- Feelings (Happy, Remembering, Fears etc.)
- AND MORE…
Visit http://www.clearlyrubberstamping.com/free-stuff to get your FREE page toppers today!
November 20, 2008 at 1:34 am (Christmas Cards, New & Promotional, Scrapbook Theme Ideas)
Tags: angel cards, angel scrapbooking, angel stamps, clear stamps, rubber stamps
With Christmas fast approaching, this is a great time to start making your Christmas cards. This week, we offer a discount on all our clear angel hobby rubber stamps. Angels become an extra special part of Christmas as we consider the many angels in our lives. These are people like a special friend, parent, child or anyone you have special feelings for. Craft a card or scrapbook page with angel themes and ideas. Don’t hesitate to acknowledge the angels in your lives, check out the angelic clear stamps today!
November 18, 2008 at 4:48 am (Christmas Crafts, Scrapbook Theme Ideas, Tips and Tricks)
Tags: christmas crafts, christmas stamps, clear stamp, rubber stamping, rubber stamps, stamping crafts, stamping ideas
As the weather turns colder and Thanksgiving comes and goes, our thoughts begin to turn to Christmas. We begin to consider the projects we will do to make the perfect gift or invite the Spirit of Christmas into our festivities. Scrapbooking and rubber stamping are great ways to create the ideal gift or communicate tender feelings. Stamped Christmas crafts offer a wide variety of projects and encompass a wide range of uses.
- Hand Stamped Gift Wrap – Using clear rubber stamps on postal paper or freezer wrap is an easy and economical way of wrapping Christmas Gifts. Choose your rubber stamps, and stamp randomly over the paper. Add glitter or colorful swirls. The more you add the more interesting the paper becomes.
- Stamped Christmas Gift Bags - This is most easily done using paper bags, however, you can buy gift bags in solid colors that also offer great results. Don’t be afraid to create matted labels, pictures, stamped titles, tags and so forth to decorate your bag. All these additional elements add interest and make the project fun.
- Gift Tags – Christmas is the one time of year that a lot of gift tags are used. Use your rubber stamps to add elements on home made gift tags that will easily communicate festive Christmas Wishes.
- Accordion Christmas Ornaments – This is an easy way to use up scraps of Christmas wrap – whether you stamped it or bought it, the technique is the same. Cut a strip of rectangular Christmas wrap – the width will be the radius of the completed ornament. Accordion fold it, then fan it out into a circle, gluing the ends together. Decorate the center by gluing a stamped, matted element. Add a ribbon as well as glitter if desired and it is ready for the tree.
- Christmas Recipe Cards – With all the Christmas baking that is done, sharing recipes is almost always inevitable. Make your recipe sharing fun, by first stamping and embellishing your recipe card then pass it on to a friend who will always remember who gave it to her.
- Christmas Advent Calendars – This is a great way to create an advent calendar with magnets. Using the back of a cookie sheet or other metallic surface, decorate it with scrapbook paper, or paint. Stamp your images on each square, then make corresponding images and attach a magnet. I found it fun to use a rectangular burner cover.
- Holiday Banners – Make an accordion card that when it is all opened up it spell a a Christmas wish or a word. These cards are great to use as a mantle decoration each year.
- Stamped Background Papers – This is similar to doing gift wrap, but it is done on your 12×12 scrapbook papers to add a Christmas touch that will help draw your Christmas scrapbook theme together in a unifying way.
- Christmas Boxes – Using either a paper mache or a wooden box with a lid, paint and stamp your box as desired. Add additional elements such as stamped people, ribbons, buttons etc to add interest to your project.
- Mini Christmas Fridge Magnets – This works great for very small stamped images. Simply stamp the image and emboss it, then secure it to the bottom of a clear pebble with mac-tac. Once it has dried glue a strong magnet on the bottom and you have the finished project.
- Wooden Shapes - There are a variety of wooden shapes available at craft stores that can be painted and stamped or embossed to accent Christmas decorations and party themes.
- Christmas Candles – With a Christmas rubber stamp, decorate a pillar candle. Votive can also be stamped. Be sure to experiment before you do the actual project. To learn more about candle stamping on votives click here.
- Christmas Crackers - To make Christmas crackers you will need an empty toilet paper roll and gold tissue paper. Stamp on the tissue paper in horizontal lines. Fill toilet paper tube with treats and wrap with the stamped tissue paper. Twist the ends to secure.
- Stamped CD Ornaments – Cut and embellish two circles to cover the center of the CD using rubber stamps, glitter, embossing powders, ribbons etc. If the back of the CD has writing on it make the second circle big enough to cover that. Decorate the shiny area of the CD with glitter glue or string. Hang by threading a ribbon through the center of the CD before assembling.
- Stamped Stocking Stuffers - Consider embellishing the cover of a notebook or journal with rubber stamp designs, glitter, ribbon, lace, buttons etc. Use this as a special stocking stuffer. Other stocking stuffers may include Christmas boxes, decorated post it notes that have been stamped on the sides, stamped stationery or stamped wooden picture frames.
- Christmas Paper Garlands – use a Christmas shape such as a star or snowflake and decorate several with your clear rubber stamps. Once you are finished decorating, position a slit in each side and thread onto a ribbon or string to hang as a decoration in your home. A variation to this idea is to use clothes pins to attach the shapes to a string.
- Christmas Cards – As always, rubber stamps are the means to creating your own beautiful and unique Christmas cards.
- Christmas Party Invitations - To introduce a theme early, use your rubber stamps to make fascinating Christmas party invitations. Carry the theme throughout the party on napkins, place mats, place cards etc.
- Christmas Photo Albums - Whether Christmas is over and you want to preserve the memories, or whether you want to design a memory book as a Christmas gift, using your rubber stamps will highlight your themes and add interest and creativity to your project.
- Christmas Family Photo Frames – Design a frame from card stock, then embellish it with your rubber stamps and scrapbooking embellishments for a cute gift.
With so many things to stamp, it is hard to know where to start. No matter which project you choose, be sure to take the time you need, relax, and enjoy it from start to finish. Looking forward to the special holidays….celebrate stamping. Celebrate Christmas.
October 28, 2008 at 10:41 pm (Scrapbook Theme Ideas, Tips and Tricks)
Tags: clear stamps, rubber stamping, rubber stamps, Scrapbooking, Thanksgiving crafts, thanksgiving scrapbook ideas
Rubber stamping crafts present a fun and memorable way to celebrate Thanksgiving, and preserve those feelings of gratitude in years to come. Rubber stamping is a hobby that is also easy for kids to do. Some funThanksgiving ideas you can make with your rubber stamps are suggested here.
- Thanksgiving Place Cards – Use a simple Thanksgiving craft stamp to create cute place cards for your Thanksgiving table. Be sure to save a few of the place cards after the meal to use in your scrapbook memories.
- Create a Thankful Basket – Decorate a simple basket and attach a thanksgiving poem. Use your clear rubber stamps to carry the same elements that you have in your table setting. Attach one of the following quotes to your basket. Place pencils and slips of paper (you may choose to stamp on these as well) into your basket.
- Thanksgiving Photo’s – Take lots of pictures on Thanksgiving day. Consider taking photos of meal preparations, carving the turkey, eating the meal, visiting with family and guests, after meal naps, games that were played and so on.
- Thanksgiving Place Mats - Rubber stamping elements can be carried from the place cards to place mats as well. Kids might have a lot of fun helping to make each one a little bit different.
- Fall Harvest Party Invitations – Thanksgiving rubber stamps work well for a Fall Harvest Party that might be held on a date other than Thanksgiving.
- Build a tree of Thankfulness – Either sketch a tree with branches or bring in a branch from outside. Stamp a number of leaves in different fall colors and have everyone record a blessing or something they are grateful for on their leaf. Attach the leaves to the branch with glue or string. If you have used a real branch, you may use it for a centerpiece. After Thanksgiving, keep the leaves and use them in your scrapbook pages to preserve the memories and the gratitude celebrated that day.
Thanksgiving time represents a memorable time of the year for family and friends to gather and celebrate their gratitude for their blessings. Rubber stamping crafts keep those memories alive on scrapbook pages and thank you cards. Be sure to preserve those special Thanksgiving memories this year as you stamp them upon your heart forever to be remembered.
October 15, 2008 at 6:42 pm (Scrapbook Theme Ideas, Stamped Craft Ideas, Tips and Tricks)
Tags: card making, clear stamps, Halloween ideas, Halloween stamps, rubber stamps, scrapbooking ideas
With Halloween coming up, it is a fun time to use your rubber stamps to create spooky themes and scary scrapbook pages. Try some of these fun rubber stamping ideas this Halloween.
- Create spooky stamped party invitations that will introduce your Halloween theme to your guests.
- Produce Halloween themed treat bags by stamping on lunch sacks or small paper sacks.
- Enjoy the ambiance of Halloween by stamping Halloween themes on candles. To learn how to do this read our candle stamping tips and techniques.
- Decorate your driveway or patio with Halloween themed, paper bag luminaries. If you are worried about fire, consider stringing mini lights to illuminate them.
- Design treat filled Halloween cards. These are great fun for kids to hand out to their friends at a school Halloween party.
- Stamp a creepy crawly onto your party napkins. Dim the lights and see what happens…
- Embellish goodie bags with hand stamped Halloween tags for special friends or trick or treaters.
- Complement a Halloween party table with spooky stamped place mats. You may even choose to stamp the names of your guests on a place card.
- Develop a Halloween theme on a wooden picture frame using your clear rubber stamps to embellish the theme. You may also want to add stones, buttons, marbles, beads etc to complete the frame.
- Enhance our theme by stamping Halloween images onto fabric to add a country touch to your card making and scrapbooking projects.
- Plan a Halloween meal with creative names like “Dracula’s Drool” (red punch) for the items on the menu. Use your stamps to make a perfectly themed menu.
- Make a paper chain in orange and black paper. Before assembling the chains, stamp your Halloween images on each link. Use black ink on the orange links and white ink on the black links. A fun way to add to your Halloween decor.
Rubber stamps can add a lot of fun and interest to your Halloween festivities. Take lots of pictures and don’t let the goblins get you…
September 1, 2008 at 10:12 pm (New & Promotional, Scrapbook Theme Ideas)
Tags: scrapbooking embellishment, Scrapbooking, rubber stamps, scrapbook page ideas, scrapbooking ideas, Add new tag, scrapbook themes, rubber stamp sale, stamp sale, stamping ideas
Find new ideas for a topic or scrapbooking theme. New themes are added regularly and will be featured at the top of the page. Each theme carries ideas for scrapbook page layouts, card making ideas, popular page toppers, and themed rubber stamps. Ideas for photos to take are added on some pages. Topics currently in the archives include:
The list goes on. Don’t wait, check out the newest themes today!