April 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, birthday stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps
Cupcakes and treats evoke birthday fun! This card is designed around a delectable birthday cupcake. Gentle circles and arches are used to bring delight to the overall composition of this uniquely beautiful birthday design perfect for all ages!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD
TIPS TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Cut paper pieces according to the instructions in the Encircled card making template
- In addition to these piece cut a third circle with your circle cutter to fit in between the 2 sizes you have already cut.
- Using your Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp the cupcake of your choice on to the pink paper and also onto the yellow paper. Cut out the entire cupcake on the yellow paper. Cut out just the icing portion of the cupcake on the pink paper. Using markers or chalks enhance the pinks and yellows as desired. Using sticky foam or tape, secure the pink portion of the icing over top of the yellow portion. Set aside.
- Again using the Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp the candle onto white cardstock. Color as desired. Cut out the candle and the flame separately. Set aside.
- Using the small flowers from the Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp a floral border along the edge of the mat cut for D as well as around the circumference of your medium sized circle. Color the flowers and leaves as desired.
- Add a corner design to B using clear scrapbooking stamps or stickers.
- Adhere lace to C by folding the ends to the back side of the piece and taping securely in place.
- Stamp your saying onto the vellum tag. Add a ribbon and set aside for assembly.
- Assemble your card in the following order: A, B, D-mat, D, C, large circle, medium circle, small circle, cupcake and candle tucked in behind the icing. Attach the flame above the candle.
- To complete your card adhere the tag next to the cupcake.
March 20, 2012 at 3:47 am (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making projects, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
The ‘Best Birthday Blooms’ greeting card is filled with layers of delight as one opens and enjoys each level. Embossing enhances the interest, adding both texture and color to the cardstock. Clear hobby rubber stamps create delightful flowers and finish of a wonderful birthday wish!!!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CARD:
- Happy Stamping!!!Follow the instructions for cutting and folding found with the TAILORED Card Making Template.
- Texture both outside flaps of your card if desired using embossing folders. Ink the raised portion of the embossing if desired.
- Using the Bold Geraniums clear hobby rubber stamps, stamp 2 flowers onto your white cardstock. Be sure to add a flower pot to the one that will be on the front of your card.
- Also stamp the Bold Geraniums frame that will hold the birthday sentiment.
- Using the Garden Box clear stamps, ink and stamp the ‘Happy Birthday” saying into the frame.
- Cut out the flowers and frame and prepare them for attaching to your card.
- Before securing the flowers to your card, play with how they look a little to ensure that you will be happy with the end results. One flower goes inside the card and is framed by the smaller circle. The second flower adheres to the side of the small circle and is partially framed by the largest circle. The potted flower goes on the front of the card to complete the design.
- Add a ribbon down the side and a saying or note inside to complete your own Best Birthday Blooms greeting card.
August 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making tutorial, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, rubber stamping ideas
A fun card that appeals to boys of all ages! This birthday greeting card features a rocket shooting off into space with a special ‘Blast Off’ sentiment conveying the perfect birthday wish for a special boy!
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
1. Cut pieces for the card using the Classic Card Making Template with the following changes.
- C-1 – same as C in the Classic Card Making Template
- C-2 – 5 1/4 x 3 1/4
- D – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ with two mats measuring (Mid) 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2 and (base) 2 3/4 x 3
- E – 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- F – 3/4″ x 1″ with two mats (mid) 1″ x 1 1/4″ and (base) 1 1/4″ x 1 1/2″
2. Stamp the rocket from the Hot Rocketz Clear Rubber Stamps onto D in brown ink. Color as desired.
3. Stamp the ‘Have a Blast’ saying onto cardstock F in brown ink.
4. Mat D with the mid and base mat placing the mid mat so the base mat has a wider left hand border. Using a star stamp from the Hot Rocketz Clear Rubber Stamps stamp a border down the wide border left on the base mat. Emboss with gold if desired.
5. Mat E with the mid and base mat. Set D and E aside.
6. Using the Galaxy Stamp, create a patterned background paper that coordinates with your theme by stamping the galaxy randomly over the C-2 cardstock. Secure F onto C-2 and trim the edges to ensure they match. Mat C-2 with C-1, and mat that with B. Secure onto A.
7. Glue D and E into place.
8. Stamp the planet onto a piece of tan cardstock and color it. Cut it out closely and secure it to the card below the ‘Have a Blast’ Saying.
9. Stamp ‘Happy Birthday’ on the inside of the card to complete the project. To make a matching envelope stamp the planet in the bottom left hand corner of the front of the envelope and color. Add a few stars randomly around the planet.