This is a fabulously creative card made in the shape of a sailboat. The part of the card that opens is actually the sail. You can use this card making idea for kids cards and personalize them with your clear hobby rubber stamps for almost any occasion! Learn how…
Materials Needed to Make this Card:
- CALM Card Making Template
- Green and Orange Cardstock in solid colors (or to match your pattern paper)
- Pattern paper (2-3 complimentary patterns)
- White cardstock
- Pigment ink – green and orange
- Garden Box Set of Clear Rubber Stamps
- Birthday Words Clear Rubber Stamps
- Clear Acrylic Stamping Blocks
- Buttons in complimentary colors
- Craft wire, wire cutters and pliers OR string
- Glue or double sided tape
- Cut out sailboat pieces from the template. We have cut 2 mats for our sailboat – one in green and one in orange.
- Fold the corner of the white cardstock over so that it is large enought to cut out the large sail. Place the long side of the larger sail on the fold and trace. Cut from the folded edge outward on both edges to prevent buckling of the cardstock.
- Trace templates onto pattern paper and begin securing them to the orange sailboat mat. Secure the boat base, small sail and flag.
- Take the folded white cardstock and stamp the birthday sayings onto the top side of the sail. Alternate ink colors as desired. We have used the happy birthday words from the Garden Box Set Clear Stamp set and the birthday words Clear rubber stamp. Add a geometric shape as desired. Fasten the large sail in place and secure it well as this is the interactive part of the card.
- Using a large button, position the button just to the side of the edge of the folded sail so that when the button is fastened to the card it will hold down the sail. Punch the holes through the paper and secure the button in place with wire (twisted shut on the back) or with string.
- Add additional buttons as desired to embellish the card.
- Stamp or write your personal note inside the sail and mat the card with the green sailboat shaped cardstock. Place inside the envelope and it is ready to give to someone special!
That is it – a fun adorable card creation! Happy Stamping!