February 4, 2013 at 6:20 pm (Flower Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, dahlia fold, rubber stamping, rubber stamping ideas
This card exudes a delicate beauty that is delightful to make and is guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of the recipient! It is made with folded circles and swirling flourishes rubber stamped to complement the flowers.
Materials needed to make this card:
To make this card:
- Cut four 1.5 inch circles from your flower petal double-sided pattern scrapbook paper. Follow the folding instructions for the dahlia fold.
- Cut three 1 inch circles from your green double sided scrapbook paper. Follow the folding instructions for the dahlia fold but eliminate step 4.
- Next secure the flower petals inside the green folds from step two.
- Now you can do a test layout. Set your flower buds onto your card face and decide where they will look best with the flourish rubber stamps you have chosen. In the card above we used the flourishes from the Butterfly Beauty clear rubber stamp set. You may even wish to add a butterfly to your design.
- Begin stamping the flourishes where you want them. Be sure to move the flowers out of the way so they don’t interfere with the stamp impression during the rubber stamping process.
- With the flourishes in place, secure your flowers where you desire.
- Add a band of color down the side of your card using the same prints that you used for your flower petals.
- Ink the edges in a coordinating color if you wish and stamp the saying you desire using your sentiments clear stamps. We used the thank you sentiment from the Garden Box clear stamp set.
- Add a thought or wish inside the card and your are ready to give it to somebody special.
February 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm (Card making Tutorials, Random Cards)
Tags: card making, card making crafts, card making ideas, clear stamps, greeting cards, quilted cards, rubber stamping
This is a super simple card to make and it presents a wonderful way to use up the scraps of paper that are hard to just throw away when you are done a project!
- CREATIVE Card Making Template (There is no specific template for the way you use the scraps on your card but this template may assist you in developing your ideas)
- Scraps of pattern scrapbook paper
- Double sided tape or glue
- A zig-zag clear stamp or sewing machine
- A sentiment stamp with the sentiment of your choice. (We used ‘Thanks’)
- Stamping ink
- Paper cutter
To Make this card:
- Fold your card stock to the size of card you desire. We did a 4×6 card in the above sample.
- Cut a piece of solid colored card stock 1/4″ smaller on each side than the finished dimensions of your card (3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ for our card)
- Next using no less than three different coordinating pattern papers, begin placing them on the card stock just cut. Be sure to leave at least 1/8″ between each piece. Continue this process until the paper is completely covered.
- Sew or stamp zig-zag lines around each square/rectangle piece of paper.
- Using a sentiment stamp, stamp your saying onto one square.
- Ink the edges of the card stock and then adhere it to the face of the card.
- Add a saying or note inside the card for a completed card making craft!
August 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm (Card making Tutorials)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, clear art stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamp, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
Such a fun and easy card making idea, this swivel card provides a delightful way to discover the special sentiments contained therein.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut solid colored circles 5″ and 31/4″ in diameter. Cut light colored circles: two 3 3/4″ and one 2 3/4″. If a clear textured sheet is desired cut it the same size as the smallest circle.
- Stamp a happy birthday border around the edge of the largest circle with your Happy Birthday Sentiment Stamp and ink the edges.
- Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps stamp and emboss a butterfly flourish in the center of one of the largest circles. Adhere to the center of the largest disc. (We will call this part A) On the other circle of the same size stamp and emboss flourishes around the edges. (We will call this disc B) Ink the edges of both circles.
- Ink the edges of the last two circles. Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps, stamp and emboss a smaller blutterfly flourish on the light colored disc. Using the end of the butterfly flourish add decorative flourishes to the edges. Adhere the two discs together with the solid color matting the butterfly flourish disc. (We will call this section C)
- ASSEMBLY: Place disc A right side up on the surface in front of you. Cover the center with disc B. Secure near the top of Disc B with a gold brad. Swivel this much open. Place section C on top of B with the image upside down to you. Secure near the bottom of the image of section C with a gold brad. If you are placing the textured clear sheet over this section secure it with the same brad as well. When swivelled completely open each section will be right side up.
- Personalize your card with a special message written on the back to the recipient.
July 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm (Card making Tutorials, Flower Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, card making layouts, card making templates, card making tutorial, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps
This summer fold out card is actually twice as big as it looks!!! When you open it – it doubles in size!!! It is super easy to make and fun to give to the special people in your life. It is decorated using clear hobby rubber stamps and made using the DELIGHT card making layout.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD
TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Follow the instructions for assembling this card making project using the DELIGHT Card Making Template.
- Decorate the tan cardstock using the Bold Geraniums clear hobby rubber stamp set as desired.
- Add a saying or sentiment. We used “Thinking of You Today” from the Roses clear stamps set by Crafty Secrets.
- Tie up your ribbon and it is ready to use!
May 7, 2012 at 8:38 pm (Just for Fun, Tips and Tricks)
Tags: card making, card making crafts, card making ideas, clear art stamps, clear craft stamps, clear hobby stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, pressed flower themes, pressed flowers, scrapbook embellishments, scrapbook ideas, vintage pressed flowers
Pressed flowers are beautiful and delightful to use in decorating scrapbook pages and card making crafts. If you love flowers, these wonderful embellishments will appeal to you. They are made simply using dimensional glue as pictured in the photo below.
Tips for making Vintage Embellishments with dried flowers:
- ensure that the flower petals are completely dry before using them
- dry arrange the petals and / or greens on your card or scrapbook page
- once you are happy with the arrangement place a small dot of dimensional glue beneath each piece.
- when everything is secured begin squeezing dimensional glue over the entire surface of the flower petals and leaves if you have them.
- allow this to dry for up to 24 hours (It doesn’t usually take quite that long, but you want to be sure it is totally dry before it gets any papers stacked on it or before it goes into an envelope!)
This techniques creates shiny, dimensional elements on your pages and card making projects!.
Please note that if you bend the paper after the dimensional glue has dried, some brands will crack.
You may wish to enhance the theme of dried flowers by using Pressed Flowers clear hobby rubber stamps to decorate additional elements and add interest to your rubber stamping projects.
March 20, 2012 at 3:47 am (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making projects, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
The ‘Best Birthday Blooms’ greeting card is filled with layers of delight as one opens and enjoys each level. Embossing enhances the interest, adding both texture and color to the cardstock. Clear hobby rubber stamps create delightful flowers and finish of a wonderful birthday wish!!!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CARD:
- Happy Stamping!!!Follow the instructions for cutting and folding found with the TAILORED Card Making Template.
- Texture both outside flaps of your card if desired using embossing folders. Ink the raised portion of the embossing if desired.
- Using the Bold Geraniums clear hobby rubber stamps, stamp 2 flowers onto your white cardstock. Be sure to add a flower pot to the one that will be on the front of your card.
- Also stamp the Bold Geraniums frame that will hold the birthday sentiment.
- Using the Garden Box clear stamps, ink and stamp the ‘Happy Birthday” saying into the frame.
- Cut out the flowers and frame and prepare them for attaching to your card.
- Before securing the flowers to your card, play with how they look a little to ensure that you will be happy with the end results. One flower goes inside the card and is framed by the smaller circle. The second flower adheres to the side of the small circle and is partially framed by the largest circle. The potted flower goes on the front of the card to complete the design.
- Add a ribbon down the side and a saying or note inside to complete your own Best Birthday Blooms greeting card.
October 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm (Card making Tutorials, Random Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, card making templates, card making tutorial, card making tutorials, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, rubber stamping ideas, summer card making ideas
Though summer is past, this bright cheerful card can be made with those special memories in mind, to bring cheer and laughter into the dreary days of winter.
Materials Needed to Make This Card
To Make This Card
- Prepare the card for assembly by following the instructions for the Refresh Card Making Template.
- Using the Summer Season Clear Stamp Set, create a star background pattern on each of the three pinwheel (D) paper colors. You may find reading the Creating Your own Patterned Background Paper information helpful.
- Assemble your pinwheels.
- Stamp your sentiment, quote, or greeting onto paper B and secure it onto the right hand edge of your card as indicated in the Refresh card making layout. Using the Summer Season Clear Stamp set stamp the word “SUMMER” onto this strip. You may wish to stamp in a lighter and darker color to create a shadow image. For the smaller words, use small Alphabet Clear Stamps.
- Position and secure the vertical elements. Stamp a border image in between them your choice of ink colors.
- Secure pinwheels into place using 3-d Sticky squares. You may wish to add a sentiment inside the card or leave it blank.
August 31, 2011 at 5:15 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: card making craft, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making tutorial, clear rubber stamps, clear stamps, thanksgiving cards
Making and decorating small elements and combining them so that they work together on the card face is a fantastic way to make absolutely wonderful hand made greeting cards! This card features a fall / Thanksgiving theme and the rich colors work together to truly add a sense of joy and bounty to the holiday season.
Materials Needed to Make this Card:
TIPS for Making this Card
- Cut all the pieces you will need from 3-4 coordinating pieces of paper or card stock.
- Accent each piece by inking the edges as described in Enhancing with Age. Be sure to ink the edge of the folded card as well.
- Decorate each of the 4 main squares as much or as little as you like using ribbon, string, brads, eyelets, buttons etc. You may wish to add coordinating designs using clear hobby rubber stamps in your background paper.
- Assemble your card according to the COZY card making template instructions.
August 10, 2011 at 4:38 pm (Card Making Template)
Tags: card making, card making craft, card making crafts, card making ideas, card making projects, card making template, card making templates, card making tutorial, card making tutorials, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps, rubber stamping ideas, rubber stamping tips
This week we are featuring the EXOTIC card making template which makes increadibly striking and dramatic cards! The card featured below uses the split negative stamping effect which will be featured in the September Clearly Rubber Stamping newsletter. Be sure you are signed up for your copy of the monthly newsletter to learn how to create stunning cards with you clear hobby rubber stamps.
August 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm (New & Promotional)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, free embellishments, rubber stamping ideas
During the month of August, every clear stamp order of $25 or more from Clearly Rubber Stamping will receive a FREE set of 12 cardstock medallions in neutral colors and varying sizes.
« Older entries