August 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm (Card making Tutorials)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, clear art stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamp, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamps
Such a fun and easy card making idea, this swivel card provides a delightful way to discover the special sentiments contained therein.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut solid colored circles 5″ and 31/4″ in diameter. Cut light colored circles: two 3 3/4″ and one 2 3/4″. If a clear textured sheet is desired cut it the same size as the smallest circle.
- Stamp a happy birthday border around the edge of the largest circle with your Happy Birthday Sentiment Stamp and ink the edges.
- Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps stamp and emboss a butterfly flourish in the center of one of the largest circles. Adhere to the center of the largest disc. (We will call this part A) On the other circle of the same size stamp and emboss flourishes around the edges. (We will call this disc B) Ink the edges of both circles.
- Ink the edges of the last two circles. Using the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamps, stamp and emboss a smaller blutterfly flourish on the light colored disc. Using the end of the butterfly flourish add decorative flourishes to the edges. Adhere the two discs together with the solid color matting the butterfly flourish disc. (We will call this section C)
- ASSEMBLY: Place disc A right side up on the surface in front of you. Cover the center with disc B. Secure near the top of Disc B with a gold brad. Swivel this much open. Place section C on top of B with the image upside down to you. Secure near the bottom of the image of section C with a gold brad. If you are placing the textured clear sheet over this section secure it with the same brad as well. When swivelled completely open each section will be right side up.
- Personalize your card with a special message written on the back to the recipient.
July 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm (Card making Tutorials, Flower Cards)
Tags: card making crafts, card making ideas, card making layouts, card making templates, card making tutorial, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps
This summer fold out card is actually twice as big as it looks!!! When you open it – it doubles in size!!! It is super easy to make and fun to give to the special people in your life. It is decorated using clear hobby rubber stamps and made using the DELIGHT card making layout.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD
TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Follow the instructions for assembling this card making project using the DELIGHT Card Making Template.
- Decorate the tan cardstock using the Bold Geraniums clear hobby rubber stamp set as desired.
- Add a saying or sentiment. We used “Thinking of You Today” from the Roses clear stamps set by Crafty Secrets.
- Tie up your ribbon and it is ready to use!
April 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm (Card making Tutorials, Occasions)
Tags: birthday card, birthday card ideas, birthday stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps
Cupcakes and treats evoke birthday fun! This card is designed around a delectable birthday cupcake. Gentle circles and arches are used to bring delight to the overall composition of this uniquely beautiful birthday design perfect for all ages!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CARD
TIPS TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Cut paper pieces according to the instructions in the Encircled card making template
- In addition to these piece cut a third circle with your circle cutter to fit in between the 2 sizes you have already cut.
- Using your Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp the cupcake of your choice on to the pink paper and also onto the yellow paper. Cut out the entire cupcake on the yellow paper. Cut out just the icing portion of the cupcake on the pink paper. Using markers or chalks enhance the pinks and yellows as desired. Using sticky foam or tape, secure the pink portion of the icing over top of the yellow portion. Set aside.
- Again using the Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp the candle onto white cardstock. Color as desired. Cut out the candle and the flame separately. Set aside.
- Using the small flowers from the Cupcakes clear rubber stamp set, stamp a floral border along the edge of the mat cut for D as well as around the circumference of your medium sized circle. Color the flowers and leaves as desired.
- Add a corner design to B using clear scrapbooking stamps or stickers.
- Adhere lace to C by folding the ends to the back side of the piece and taping securely in place.
- Stamp your saying onto the vellum tag. Add a ribbon and set aside for assembly.
- Assemble your card in the following order: A, B, D-mat, D, C, large circle, medium circle, small circle, cupcake and candle tucked in behind the icing. Attach the flame above the candle.
- To complete your card adhere the tag next to the cupcake.
February 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm (Stamped Craft Ideas)
Tags: alphabet rubber stamps, clear rubber stamping, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, paper mache books, rubber stamping, rubber stamping crafts, rubber stamping ideas, rubber stamping tips, rubber stamps crafts
This project was so much fun to make, create and of course display. It uses a paper mache book which should be available for purchase at any major craft store. This craft will also work with a wooden book, though the end results will vary somewhat.
To make this project you will need 1 paper mache book such as the one pictured below. Paint, paintbrushes, ribbon, clear rubber stamps for design as well as clear alphabet stamps, ribbon, double sided tape, and embellishments.
Begin by painting your book. We painted ours black with the page edges gold.
Once your paint has dried, choose an image design which you would like to emboss onto the bottom portion of your book cover. The smaller the design, the easier it will be to get a good impression if your book cover is anything less than perfectly flat. Before stamping in embossing ink, lay a strait edge or scrap paper over the areas you do not want the design to cover. Begin stamping your design. Add embossing powder and heat to emboss.
In the next step you will use your clear alphabet rubber stamps to add a title to your book. Before stamping be sure to lay out the letters in such a way that you know they will fit across the cover. Stamp your word in embossing ink, dust with embossing powder, tap off excess and heat to emboss.
Your last step to completing your paper mache book is to add ribbons and embellishments as desired. In addition to the ribbons and charms we added to ours, you might light to add a custom made tag, sequins, gems, quotes or more to perfectly customize and personalize your completed stamping project. When you are done, you are going to love displaying this treasure that can easily be filled with trinkets or treats!
December 5, 2011 at 8:53 pm (Christmas Crafts)
Tags: christmas crafts, christmas ornaments, Christmas stamping ideas, clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping tips, clear stamps, rubber stamping ideas
When I went into the craft store the other day I discovered some rusty metal mitten pieces that were on sale and had definite application for my holiday rubber stamping projects. They took next to no time at all to finish up and they will make great Christmas gifts for special friends this year.
To learn more about making and decorating these quick Christmas crafts visit the Metal Crafts Made with Clear Rubber Stamps Link.
Above is an up close picture of the sentiment stamped onto the metal mitt with permanent ink and the texture dots created with the blunt nail and hammer from the back side of the mitt.
November 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm (Stamped Craft Ideas)
Tags: clear acrylic stamps, clear rubber stamps, clear stamping crafts, clear stamping ideas, clear stamping tips, clear stamps, rubber stamping ideas, rubber stamping projects, rubber stamping techniques, rubber stamps
I love crafts – especially if they involve cute paper, sentimental thoughts or ideas, and allow for additional embellishments that help me make the project uniquely mine. The craft was called the ‘FAMILY’ Framed Project and the finished project looked like this…
I love what my clear hobby rubber stamps did for this project. Before stamping additional words and embellishments, it looked like this…
I love what fun words, flowers and sayings can do for a craft! If you would like to be able to make this craft the instructions are below….
- Background: 1 – 12×12 sheet of cardstock – your choice of color
- Matts: 2 – 12×12 sheets of black cardstock
- Patterned Paper: 8-10 different sheets of scrapbook paper in your color scheme
- Embellishments: Ribbon, flowers, brads, eyelets, clips, beads, charms etc in your choice of style and color
- Glue stick and or photo mounting squares
- Letters F A M I L Y either cut from cardstock or chipboard
For a 12 x 12 project (framed in a 14″ square frame) you will need:
- 1 12×12 background paper
- 9 – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ squares in coordinating designs
- 9 – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ squares in matting color
Decorate each square as desired. Letters can be enhanced by tying ribbon around the back or by adding a paper flower.