Though summer is past, this bright cheerful card can be made with those special memories in mind, to bring cheer and laughter into the dreary days of winter.
- Refresh Card Making Template
- Summer Season Clear Stamp Set
- Fun border stamps
- Small clear alphabet stamps
- 3 bright colors of paper – not cardstock (B, C, and D)
- Cardstock (A)
- 4 brads in bright colors
- Corner Rounder
- 3-d sticky squares
To Make This Card
- Prepare the card for assembly by following the instructions for the Refresh Card Making Template.
- Using the Summer Season Clear Stamp Set, create a star background pattern on each of the three pinwheel (D) paper colors. You may find reading the Creating Your own Patterned Background Paper information helpful.
- Assemble your pinwheels.
- Stamp your sentiment, quote, or greeting onto paper B and secure it onto the right hand edge of your card as indicated in the Refresh card making layout. Using the Summer Season Clear Stamp set stamp the word “SUMMER” onto this strip. You may wish to stamp in a lighter and darker color to create a shadow image. For the smaller words, use small Alphabet Clear Stamps.
- Position and secure the vertical elements. Stamp a border image in between them your choice of ink colors.
- Secure pinwheels into place using 3-d Sticky squares. You may wish to add a sentiment inside the card or leave it blank.